CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, 2 February 2012

1st attempt at Decopatch

Decided to have a go at something new that is not too difficult to do with your leg in the air! Decopatch.  I have wanted to have a go at this for a while but was inspired by purplenikki's Inspiration Jar on her blog!

http://what-nikki-did-next.blogspot.com/2012/01/feeling-inspired.html

I started with a tiny trinket box as I had never done it before (apart from newspaper on a balloon **** years ago at school!!).  This is why I chose pink - although it is my favourite colour - so that my grand-daughter can use it in her bedroom to put trinkets in. Here it is!!

 As I was actually quite happy with that I progressed to the jar.  This was a fruit pastille jar that someone bought into work for Christmas goody time.  Of course I bagged it when it was empty with the immortal  words " I could do something with that!!".  And, thanks to Nikki, I have! Well, I have started anyway! Have asked her for some advice on doing the lid :s.  Again - here it is! Will update when its finished!!


Hope you like!! Lea xx



19 comments:

Carol said...

These look great Lea. I keep looking at the decopatch in Hobbycraft - may just jump in and have a go. Carol x

craftynanny said...

Have a go Carol! Its great! Just a note though - Hobbycraft didnt have the proper (expensive) glue in stock. Member of staff said just use PVA - which I did! Worth noting!! Lea xx

Izzwizz said...

Terrific projects. I know just how you feel. This time last year I got 'flu and my asthma was bad and I ended up sitting on the sofa for weeks cutting up & gluing decoupage piccies and watching Create and Craft on the telly. The good thing is, I learned a lot and had a nice pile of piccies to play with when I felt better! Hope you are back on your feet soon. Love Maddy x

markkfinn said...

I finished up seated on the lounge for weeks reducing up & sticking decoupage piccies and viewing Make and Make on the tv.

scrapbook paper

Heike said...

These are great projects.
Heike xx

Wendy L said...

Thay look really good Lea. You are clever. xxxx

Alizabethy said...

they both look so zingy!

sue said...

they both look great sue xx

Dawn said...

They are lovely. I have seen alot of this in France, need to have ago!! x

Maureen said...

They are both gorgeous, well done.
Maureen......x

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab projects! I'm a big decoupatch fan too. You'll be looking at everything now wondering if you could decoupatch it! xx

applejack cards by sue said...

They look very nice, don't forget to show us the finished jar...keep warm

MissyG said...

Fab projects
Linda

Karen said...

Lovely projects. xx

craftyeyes said...

wow these are fab well done :) am going to check the link you gave , off to hobby craft on monday will keep in mind the pva glue xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Gorgeous Lea! :-) Just leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow very clever never heard of this one before but love your creations ... will have to investigate !!! well done just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx

Trace said...

Well done with this technique, I have seen it but never tried it :D Hopped over from DC

Tina said...

Well done, these look great. I have never tried this myself, but the end results always looks fab. Tinaxx

Post a Comment