CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 2 March 2012

Calming Down at Last!

Finally things are starting to calm down! I am discharged from the knee clinic, my meds have been doubled to help me through, Tony is getting used to moving around in plaster, my tooth is mended with a nice gold inlay and I am waiting for a scan on my arm!!!!

On the plus side my friend had a baby on 29th February - what they called a 'Leapling' on TV!   I had started a card some weeks ago - before our catalogue of disasters - but it got abandoned along with all normal life!! Baby Leah arrived nearly a week early so I needed to get a wriggle on!!


Above is the card fully opened out, a Crafts-U-Print download which I prettied up with some baby pink pearls.


I highlighted some of the outlines with baby pink glitter just to give it a bit more dimension.

On Monday me and OH are off to Lindisfarne for a week in a retreat house and I think our need is great!!  No blog hop for me next week.  I am taking some crafting goodies to keep me occupied in the evenings (no TV).

Thanks for looking and for any comments left.

Lea xxx


24 comments:

lizzies said...

Really cute card love that teddy bear.

annesyme said...

Gorgeous card Lea, sounds like you have been in the wars. Enjoy your week in Linisfarne.
Anne x

ALI said...

Lovely baby card!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card Lea, it looks fab. Enjoy Lindisfarne, I was brought up not far inland from there and just love the coastline in this part of the world (I'm only half an hour up the road now). Carol x

Carol said...

North to Scotland lol. x

craftynanny said...

North it is then! :-D x

Dawn said...

sweet card, love the bear

Wendy L said...

Hi Lea - your card is gorgeous. I,m glad you are both on the mend. xxxx

Trace said...

This is a sweet card, do like the different fold too xx Hopped over from DC

applejack cards by sue said...

Mornin' Lea, a lovely card, beautifully made. I wish you peace and relaxation in Lindisfarne.

sue said...

lovely card sue xx

GoonerGirl said...

Gorgeous card Lea, glad to hear things are calming down and hope you and hubby have a lovely time... enjoy and relax you both deserve it. Chris xx

MissyG said...

Have a great time on your wee break!
Linda

Alizabethy said...

hope you enjoy your retreat and come back refreshed!

Lorna's crafty creations said...

Fabulous card,lovely design, enjoy your break
Lorna xx

craftyeyes said...

hope you have a lovely time , your card is very pretty x

Michelle said...

gorgeous card xx

Angela said...

So cute, what a lovely card

Heike said...

This is so sweet Lea.
Heike xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Sooo cute! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Lorna's crafty creations said...

Hi Lea just to let you know that i have nominated you for an award i hope you will accept it ..please see my blog for details
Love Lorna xx

Izzwizz said...

Fab card, have a great rest at the retreat, you certainly deserve it! Maddy x

Angela said...

Very pretty card, love the glitter teddy, bet you were seeing glitter for days after x

Sazzle said...

Great card Lea :-)

xx Sazzle xx
(lincs crafty girl)

Post a Comment