CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, 5 May 2012

BlogPrompt Day 5

The remit for Day 5 was to choose a song that means a lot to you and make a card or scrap page with that in mind!

As many Docrafters will know I have fought a long battle with alcohol dependence.  I have had lots of support from my family and friends (including Creativity Club friends) and have now been sober for one year! There is a big celebration on Bank Holiday Monday as this will be my anniversary! My biggest, and I have to say, most tolerant, supporter has been my lovely daughter, Emma.

The song that I have felt very deeply recently is "In my Daughter's Eyes" which is sung by Alfie Boe on his latest album.

This is his version:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFCyMvXi4M

And these are the words!


In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
It's miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe in my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
An' though she'll grow and someday leave, maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there in my daughter's eyes

And this is my page dedicated to her! -


Thank you Emma for having faith in me! I love you! xxxx

9 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Such beautiful words, nearly brought tears to my eyes. I haven't seen my daughter for several years now and I've never seen her daughter so to read about the connection between you and your dear daughter just made me stop and think a while. You have made a lovely page here, congratulations on the year and also for your anniversary.

Trace said...

Well done to you beating your addiction. My Mam wasnt so lucky and died. Good luck to you xx

Wendy L said...

This is so gorgeous nd full of feeling.xxxxxx

Sazzle said...

Well done you in both beating your addiction and admitting to it in the first place :-)

I'm typing this with tears streaming down my cheeks as the song lyrics are so apt and have really touched me. It also brings back memories of my own daughter being there for me in a very big way through a really difficult patch too!


xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle
(lincs crafty girl)

Annie said...

What a moving story.....and you have had a hard battle. It's great that your daughter was and still is there for you. Congratulations on your first year of sobriety.

Love and hugs

Annie xxx

craftyeyes said...

well done to you on beating your addiction , such a lovely page tracy xx

regency jean said...

Words fail me Leah, but the joy of having your family supporting you must be wonderful. It's a beautiful page & the words are too.

Princess 1 said...

You are truley blessed to have the support of your daughter throughout this pass year. Well done on your 1st anniversary. Sx

Emma Collins x said...

Well done on beating the addiction - a beautiful blog post! Thank you for taking part in my blog prompts.

Post a Comment